Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 4 - Crap.

Little time to be witty tonight...

Ambrosia - A#2 - has been 'pukey-Sue' most of the day. She's been worshiping the great blue plastic barf basin (not even able to make it to the white porceline God). Tried to do school with Avalon - who also fell prey to something this afternoon. Is she getting the my-guts-are-coming-out-through-my-nose Ambrosia thing? Or, is this typical Avalon nightmare. Doesn't matter which, she's been flat on the couch - so dizzy she doesn't feel safe to walk, and not interested in food.

Before Avalon fell victim, we did some school today. Which left Aurora downstairs, on puke bucket duty...not a 15 yo's favorite way to spend an afternoon. Neither is packing...and that's a whole other story...

Massive clean out happening here too - so the day's been nuts. I do have a few diet notes though....

Tacos are $%@% high in calories!! Who knew? OK, so maybe you skinny types did, but we blubber butts had no flippin' clue. Seriously...not kidding. Nick made taco meat for us last night - so in my crazy day, it was easy to have tacos for lunch and dinner. Two each meal - lots of lettuce and tomatoes - no sour cream...and they still cost me HUNDREDS (too many to mention) of calories! I'm pissed. Yeah, you read that right, pissed. Is that a family-friendly, politically correct word? Nope. Tough toenails. I thought I was being responsible....and I sabotaged myself by accident. It's a P.O.ed kind of moment.

I supposed I could hope this whole barfy thing is a virus...and I'll puke out all those calories tomorrow.

Then again, maybe not.

1 comment:

Mindy V. said...

I make taco meat and then add a can of refried beans to it. It stretches the meat and adds lots of "filling" fiber. I make the taco fixings into a salad and then just use a couple of shells to help eat it.