Friday, September 12, 2008

September 11, 2008 Day 4

You know, I think its a tad depressing that I have to put the year up there in the title. I know it took me years to reach my current state of fatitude, but damn...does it have to take years to get rid of it? Its a smidge of a bummer.

I'm happy to report I'm not even a tiny bit depressed about my dieting today! I was fantastico! (its a word - go with it) I was going to report I'd had my first yeast-free day, but then I remembered the croutons I'd put on my dinner salad. Rats. I was close....so so close. I want some serious dieting karma points for today, though. I think I opened the refridgerator and stared at the sourdough bread at least 7 or 8 times. Worse, I even had to take the whole grain gourmet wheat bread out of the 'fridge and make sandwiches for the kids. Arrrgghhhh.... Oh ho, it is to suffer....

If you're new to my rantings, or haven't read any of the archives - there's something you should know. I'm horribly, terribly allergic to yeast. I'm pretty stinkin' allergic to wheat too. If I can manage to fully purge them from my system, I feel like a million bucks. I'll have energy coming out my ears, my sinuses will be better, and I'll begin to lose weight faster than you lose socks in the dryer. Once I've been fully yeast-free for a while, even a mere half a bagel will give me hives and make me feel like I've got the flu. I found this out years ago, its not news to me. I've even managed to get to anti-yeast Nirvana a couple of times - hence how I know about the killer "relapse" effects. Here's the issue, even though I know I will feel better, I know what horrors yeast and wheat reap upon my pathetic body, I know what I can lose....giving up bread and pasta sucks!

I mean, seriously folks, it blows goat chunks. No wheat/no yeast means no bread, pasta, pie, cake, cookies, or cereal. You might as well lick cardboard for dinner, its about all you're left with. So while I know all the bad stuff that happens when I fall off the anti-yeast wagon, the fact is, I also know that the acute reaction lessons over time - and I will eventually get back to real life, eating it without really "feeling" the side effects. You'd think my close-to-needing-wider-doorways butt would be a clue that the yeast/wheat thing really does take its toll, but no....I'm not that smart. Besides, when bagels talk to you in your dreams, its really hard to be reasonable the next day.

So here I go again, trying to fight my yeast demons. Expect lots of griping about this. The 4-6 weeks it takes to get rid of the screaming cravings are pure torture. After that, its more of a dull roar...

Breakfast/lunch (I made too much, and heated the rest up for lunch) 2 C coffee w/ 2 TBS creamer - total 180 cal, 2 eggs- -1.5 C onion-1 C tomatoes, 2 TBS bacon bits (=60 cal)-1/2 C shred ched cheese (200 cal)

snack - 1oz ched/mont jack cheese

Dinner salad-2 TBS bacon bits (=60 cal)-2 TBS vidalia onion dressing-1/4 C shred cheese-1 TBS sunflower seeds-croutons (7 or 8?)

Diet Coke

Not bad!

No comments: