Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 10, 2008 Day 3

Hey - still dieting! Three days down, 3000 to go... No, that's not a bit depressing.

It was actually a pretty good day. Reasonable breakfast, healthy, huge, late lunch, so no real dinner. I could have chalked it up as perfect, if I'd A) managed to exercise and B) not eaten the German chocolate brownie....

I'm telling you, for a reasonably intelligent woman, I'm a weak-minded twit. I knew I'd done great on calories, and health-wise. I knew I would lose weight today, if I could just be good. I knew I didn't *have* to eat the brownie......but ooooh.....it looked sooo gooood.....

Crap oh. I suppose I should be proud I only ate a little bit. A week ago, I would have eaten all that was left. I did not. A week ago, I would have chased the brownie with some other horror, because I would have said, "Hey, I've already screwed up. I might as well eat A, B,C, and D - I'll start again tomorrow." Ever thought those famous last words? I most certainly have! In fact, I've thought them past 200lbs, past 220, past 250... You get the idea.

So, you know what? I'm choosing to see today as a victory! I only at a small German chocolate brownie, and part of a cupcake. (Oh, did I forget to mention that?) I didn't eat all that I wanted. There has to be bonus points somewhere for that.

Now...if I could just fool myself into thinking chocolate was toxic... Man, that would really make this a lot easier. Yeah, chocolate is poisonous...and bread.....and caramel....and pasta.....and..........

Breakfast: 1 C coffee 2 TBS creamer (90 cal), 2 eggs-1C onions-1/2 C tomatoes-1/4 C shred ched cheese (100cal)

Lunch: Water, Cobb salad with: vineagrette dressing, grilled chicken, 1/2 hardboiled egg, 1 TBS bacon, 1/4 avacado

Dinner: 1 oz sunflower seeds (180 cal) , 1 C coffee with 2 TBs creamer (90 cal), 2" x 2" German chocolate brownie + 1/2 cupcake = three zillion calories

No comments: