Tuesday, September 4, 2007

September 3, 2007

Well, its been a ridiculously long time coming…but Ta Da!!! Dum dum dum dum… (that’s meant to be the musical forboding Dum dums - not a synonym for me) It’s Fat-A-Thon time!

Hopefully, I’ve answered the “Why” on the home page for the Fat-A-Thon. This blog is for the day-to-day “How” and well, frankly, my calorie-restricted-rantings. I mean, hello….I didn’t get to be this size by hating food. I will be experiencing stupid amounts of stress, withdrawal, and if the past is any indication - hallucinations of talking bagels begging to be my “friend”. So, this is where I will attempt to exorcise my dark chocolate demons and purge my perils of pudge.

Every now and again I have decided to assault you with my Rubenesque self. I figure, how can I truly convince you that I’m committed to the cause and actually losing weight - if I don’t show you? Admittedly, large parts of me think I probably should be committed for doing this…but in for a penny, in for a pound - they say. Or in my case…in for 100 pounds!

The other part of this daily blog is to share what I’ve done to work toward my goal that day - or how I’ve dismally failed, if that’s the case. I’ll end each day with a list of what I’ve eaten and how I’ve exercised. Could I cheat and lie? Sure! But good grief, how many fat-lady pics do you think I want to publish? I’m nuts, but not completely insane!

So, for tonight, I’ll sign off. The Fat-A-Thon has officially begun. May God, Richard Simmons, and the Hershey Chocolate Company have mercy on my soul….

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1/4 C cheddar cheese, 1/4 C tomato, 1/4 C onion, 1 C coffee w/2 TBS creamer

Lunch: 6 oz imitation crabmeat, 2 pieces of nectarine, 1 piece of red plum, 8 oz water, 1 Diet Coke

Dinner: 8 oz water, 1 Diet Coke, 2 Apple Crisp Crunchy granola bars (2 bars/pks = 1 serving)
Exercise: Walked in the “blazing sun” (according to my short people) for 1 & 1/4 miles. Strained every brain cell I’ve ever owned getting the site up and running.

1 comment:

Alicia Darling said...

Hi Alicia,
My name is Alicia also what a beautiful name. LOL I am also the Mother of a child with cancer. My daughter is 7yrs old and her name is Taylor. She is in her first month of remission. I found your web site through Kaden Kilburns care page. They go to the same clinic we do. I watched the video and loved it even though I know there are many families dealing with the same thing watching that made me feel better and not so alone. Its crazy how being a parent of a child with cancer can make you feel so connected to others dealing with the same. I'm going to read more about the fatathon. I will also email this address to all our friends and family. If you ever want to talk here is my email amtb_darling@yahoo.com
We will keep your family in our prayers
Alicia